Monday, April 20, 2009

Need


I completely forgot I read this book. Its Need by Carrie Jones. I laughed really hard while reading this and you may find that strange if you read the first few chapters. They are tense and spooky but once you get into the story you will realize like I did that the book is almost exactly like Twilight!

The story is about Zara who has just moved from her home in Georgia (warm and sunny) to a little town in Maine (small, remote and cloudy) after her father dies. According to her mother she has been a shell and she is scared that Zara might be depressed so she sends her to live with her grandmother. When she gets off the plane she sees this strange man and then she sees him again on the drive home, and again, and a again. Just watching her. She is extremely freaked out. (sounds like someones got an Edward stalker right?)

The guy turns out to be a Pixie and he keeps calling for her. (Not on the phone.) He calls to her in this tempting luring voice but she somehow is able to resist the pull of his magic. Soon it becomes clear that not everyone in this town is entirely human. Including her. (bum bum BUM!)

Now that's all I can really tell you without spoiling the entire thing for you. I thought it was really good and despite the fact its allot like Twilight I thought it was actually better. Now this is standing on the fact that I really did like Twilight (stop hissing at me!) so the fact that I liked it a little bit more means it was really good. But yeah if you have read Twilight your gonna laugh when you read things that are similar.

p.s. Zara knows the name of almost every fear and each chapter is the name and definition of a different fear. I thought it was interesting. :)

3 comments:

  1. WANT. GOLDSPARKLY. LIPSTICK.

    verification word: visoedal
    definition: Russian top hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha, this looks like it would be fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it was fun. This was a good pick. :)

    ReplyDelete