Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Graveyard Book

OK so this is what I'm reading right now. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. For something labeled "Children's Book" this is really thick. Now I'm only on the first chapter and I'm not sure how good at this point but I'm guessing its going to be really good because it won the Newberry Award and that's a pretty prestigious award so kudos to the author. All i can tell you about it so far is that its got really amazing illustrations. The flow into the page and really makes it look interesting. I'll let you all know how it is when I'm done but if have read it let me know what you thought of it. I would love to get some input. God Bless!

10 comments:

  1. Be wary of Neil Gaiman--he's awesome, but he can have more "adult" stuff in his books (let's not forget the beginning of Stardust. AWK >.<). So just watch out :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I will deff check it out! Thanks for the heads up, Meg.

    verification word - Levitino

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep getting to type your verification words in?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! Thats the other book he wrote! Yeah I read Stardust and unfortunetly came across that part. The rest of the book was good NOT the beginning. But this was labled under Children so I'm sure this is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and i dont get verification codes. Guess cause its my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I check and see what the verification word is, then I close that screen, type it in, and then post the comment! All because I just <3 these verification words! They really are a riot.

    verification word ~ elyawing (sounds elvish!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmugosh! Thats an awesome word! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm let's try this.

    verification word: strici. not very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. no, not very. not very at all. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's the guy who wrote Coraline too, which I saw the movie for and loved, so I'll probably check it out.

    I love your new blog, Kaitlin!!

    verification: triesso. Sounds like an Italian dessert

    ReplyDelete