Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Hunger Games


I realized while looking at my blog tonight that I had some semi-girlie books up and because I have some guys checking out this blog and you can actually get a bad head ache from reading too many girlie books I decided to put up a review of a book I read a while ago that I loved and its not girly! XD Its pretty action packed. I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing in one night and its thick!

Any who, the book is called The Hunger Games by Suzzanne Collins and it takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. The land once known as the United States of America is now called Panem and is ruled by the Capitol. There are only 12 places you can lives called the Districts. There used to be 13 but District #13 decided they weren't happy about the way the Capitol ruled them (you wouldn't be either, everyone lives in poverty and depending on what resource is in your area that's the kind of job you do for the rest for your life) and before they could even start a revolution the Capitol wiped them out. Everyone. Just to show how powerful they were. Every year since then all 12 colonies are forced to participate in a televised event called The Hunger Games. Its like a game show but instead of a simple question and answer game kids ages 11-18 ( i think, i cant remember exactly but i think that's right) are forced to fight to the death till one is left and that kid will win wealth and protection and their family will live in comfort for the rest of there lives. Only 2 from each district are chosen, one boy, one girl and they have to kill each other and everyone else to win.

The main character is 16 year old Katniss and her 11 year old sister is the unfortunate girl randomly selected from their district to participate in The Hunger Games. Katniss doesn't give it a second thought when she goes in her sisters place. The entire rest of the book is the games. It was an amazing book. The way the writer wrote the book makes you feel every emotion. You start to get into the games yourself. Choosing your favorites to win. I couldn't put it down. I had to know if she won or not and unlike most books where you assume the main character will live till the end, in this book your not always sure. It was such a great book. You have to read it. Its now one of my favorite books.

God Bless! <3>

2 comments:

  1. Can you say what a coinkydink? I was just looking through a book list my librarian puts out for teens and that book was on there and I was thinking it looked interesting! Yippee! So as soon as I finish LOTR for the upteenth time XD I'm gonna go out and check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! You should! It was so good! I'll wait till youve read it to tell you how I found out about it. Lol Funny story. XD

    ReplyDelete