Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Ultimate Teen Book Guide


Alright people! This review is the first guest star review and the first guest star is Samantha Wallace! (My sister for all you weirdos). And I don't wanna hear "Oh, she's you're sister! No wonder you picked her first." Noooo, I picked her because she's my sister. So HA! So, here she is!


This book is awesome! I randomly saw it sitting on the shelf at the library and walked right by. Then I stopped. Walked backwards to it. Saw the cover and grabbed it! And believe me, it was the smartest thing I'd ever done! It is what the name of it is. It is the ULTIMATE Teen Book Guide. It has reviews of books by authors AND teens. It rates the books +12, +14 and +16 so you won't have to worry about a "Gasp! That wasn't in the review!" moment.

Also, it has a little "Next" box after each review so if you liked the book they reviewed and are interested in other books like it, they give you other book suggestions. So, even though there are only like 200 reviews, it has over 700 books listed in it!

It also has polls from teens like "Books You've Read Over and Over", "Books You'd Like Made Into A Film", or "Best Books About Other Worlds". Stuff like that.

So, here's what I suggest. GO! to your library or bookstore and either "rent" or buy this book. Believe me, you'll be happy you did. After you finish one book, you'll go back to this book for another like it. And if you liked that book, you'll go back for another. And another. And another. And another. The cycle never ends!

Also, you go can to their website. http://www.ultimatebookguide.com/ for more! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha -

    So glad you like the UTBG! It's a few years old now so we're just finishing up a new edition that'll be around at the start of next year, so do look out for it in your local library, and I hope you like that one too!

    In the meantime I hope there's plenty in the current one to keep you entertained. It's got about 700 actual reviews (I've never counted exactly!), so must be at least 1500 books recommended altogether, so unless you're a VERY fast reader you're not likely to get through them all any time soon...

    Happy reading!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete